Sunday, November 7, 2010

Born Colorblind

After I wrote my first blog post about racial tokenism, I have been noticing it everywhere. Today, when I was helping out in a Sunday school room at my church, I noticed these posters on the wall. Despite the fact that the class I help with has very little diversity, the posters all over the room are extremely racially diverse. At first, you would think that the kids in the classroom wouldn't relate to kids of other ethnicities as well as those of their own, but none of them seem to notice race at all. After observing how young children don't seem to see race a lot (or at all), it makes me wish that adults and teenagers could be that way too. If everyone in the world was colorblind, it would be a lot more peaceful place.

1 comment:

  1. Ellie-
    Totally agree with you. But wouldn't it be even better if people didn't have to be colorblind, but just embrace the differences between all of us (I meant that in the least peace love and flower powery way possible) and none of it mattered.

    ReplyDelete