Monday, January 17, 2011

The Evolution of MyAmerica: Part II

     After re-reading my recent blog posts, I realized the thing that has changed the most this quarter is that I realized I have an audience outside of our AS class. I first realized this when I got a couple of random comments on my Miley Cyrus blog. It was right around the time of the Miley Cyrus bong scandal and someone had obviously been googling her name and came upon my blog. The comments didn't have anything to do with the overarching topic, but used many profanities to describe Miley and her father (which I had to delete to keep my blog PG). After this incident, I found the "stats" button on the blogger homepage and saw that I had viewers in the Philippines, Latvia, and a bunch of other countries. This new discovery changed my style of blogging by making me write more directed to a general audience, not just people who know exactly what is going on in our class. I think it also makes blogging a little more rewarding because now I know my ideas are being heard by people around the world.
      Another thing I noticed when I looked back at my blog this quarter was that I hadn't blogged as frequently as I would have liked to. Though I think this was mainly because of winter break and the stressful week of school before the holidays, I was a bit disappointed in myself for not keeping up on my blog. Now, after spending some time on my blog before the end of the semester, I realized again how cool this assignment is. I really enjoy that our teachers have embraced modern technology and given us a public forum to discuss the things that we don't have time for in class.
 P.S. The blog I would like you to grade is "Exempt By Association?"

No comments:

Post a Comment